ponedeljek, 15. avgust 2011

Mountains, mountains!

I feel really great this evening. And it's not just because of the beers in the fridge. It's the map in my pocket. And the food supplies in my backpack.
Tomorrow morning I leave Seoul for the Odaesan National Park. Odaesan originally means "Five Peak Mountain", so it can be took as an upgrade of Triglav (Three Peaks) in Slovenia. Well, a poor upgrade it is, the highest peak, 비로봉, reaching 1563 m, but as I saw on my previous visits there, the scenery is amazing. I wasn't there for hiking, the peaks and waterfalls are all still yet to be seen, but I visited many temples there. Mainly the Woljeong sa. Many times. With my princess, too. I plan to stay there for few days, waiting for the cabbage. Not in the temple, in the nearby mountains. Few shelters there, much more temples, if there will be more rain than the forecast says. I got my cooking pot, a bag of ramyon, a box of kimchi, hot peppers, coffee and tomorrow, for the trip, hard boiled eggs. It's something that almost every Korean has when she/he goes somewhere. Saw it first in the movies and later on the trains or the buses. I just have to avoid the trails. I don't want to be the target of too much concern or some mockery. I plan to do the hiking in sandals. And that is a no-go in Korea. Folks here, when they go to the nearby hill, must have all the high tech gear available to Himalayan expeditions. Let alone when they go up to 1500 meters. Ah, but I forgot to say... many times, to reach the top, you have a built stairway. Don't really like that.
Bought me new batteries for the camera and just had to take a picture of them.

It was taken under yellow light - the batteries are pink ;-) Just love them. And again, I didn't buy a fourpack but two twopacks because it was cheaper.
Hopefully the next post will consist of pictures of mountains, valleys, streams and waterfalls.

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

STATISTIKA