torek, 19. april 2011

Iwanuma

To boldly go where no man has.... errr.. where no man won't... Ah well, who cares. We go. Probably because we're no men at all, just baka gaijin and proud of it.
Just yesterday I was friendly scolded by a dear friend that reading my blog or FB posts really doesn't look like we're going to do nothing but drink beer all the time and have fun. Till now it was like that, but from today on a little voice in my head stopped whispering and started shouting. It's the tiny voice that I keep hearing and for the last month it was saying the same things: Don't you dare to go there! You don't want to go there! You don't want to do that!
And the voice is right, the voices in your head are always right (except when the voice tells you that God is speaking and commanding you to kill all your neighbors). I don't want to do it. I'm even scared - not of radiation, not of anything of that sort, I'm scared of what we'll see there.
But I just have to do it. Not because I said I will do it but because a month ago I was very close and now I'm here.
I keep thinking about the words of Lama Shenpen Rinpoche when I told him that a Korean shaman helped me find my past. He told that now I have to think why in this life I was born where I was born. That I have things to do there that wait for me. I can't argue with wise men like him, I can't tell he's wrong. But I have a much more important question: why then I was shown the way to Asia where I found home and helped my son to find one?
If on this trip to north I will be of any use to those who suffered so much... I will know why I came here first two years ago. It will be worth. I won't be pathetic saying that it will give a meaning to my life because it will not. But maybe... there's always a maybe... it will give a meaning to someone up north.
It was a long and exhausting day in front of the computer - I spent 10 hours searching for informations since all of the relief organisations, involving foreigners, keep posting that nobody wants volunteers there, especially gaijins. But we don't give up so easily, we've come to Tokyo not for fun, it was just a stop on this long journey across Japan. After finding some promising phone numbers we asked at the reception of the Khaosan Samurai if they can help us contacting them and after three calls (they didn't even charge us for long distance calls) we knew everything. Yes, come, anyone is welcome, the more the better, foreigners welcome, just tell us when so there will be someone that speaks English. You can sleep in the park in front of the volunteer center, shops are open. But we had to prove our will. The last message was find how to find us and when you have your travel schedule call us back to confirm. They could easily tell the way there - it's not that we will have to travel on horseback or climb mountains - but it was a sort of test. We (well, the guy at the reception desk) called back in an hour with all bus and train schedules - and yes, THAT I found by myself, without any help. I found also the exact dates when public transport between Tokyo and Sendai was resumed. And the train departures from there to Iwanuma. Once there we'll just have to find a park full of tents ;-)
Maybe there will be no posts for a long time, I just have no idea how bad is still there. So just be cool, you know that no harm can come to me. And you know that I will not let any harm to come to my Japanese friend.
If you think that praying is helpful, please, do it. It will help YOU, not anyone of us there.

1 komentar:

  1. Gud Lak guyz and I hope to see you again (and/or your descendants) with all extremities ...

    OdgovoriIzbriši

STATISTIKA