sreda, 14. september 2011

On kigo, again

Kigo, 季語, the season word is used to associate a season with just one particular word (or phrase) in Japanese poetry, be it renga, renku or haiku. Few years ago I found out why one of the kigo for spring is kawazu, although I heard them in Korea.
古池や
かわずとびこむ
水の音
(http://www.bopsecrets.org/gateway/passages/basho-frog.htm)
This summer I realized the kigo semi. I remember that I found them a bit annoying in the 新世紀エヴァンゲリオン (Neon Genesis Evangelion) series, chirping all the time over Tokyo-3, but still pleased that the makers used this poetic way to show the change of global climate after the Second Impact. (By the way, did you know that you can find haiku written even in Klingon? I didn't, since few minutes ago.)
静けさや
岩に滲み入る
蝉の声
(松尾 芭蕉, again: http://carlsensei.com/classical/index.php/author/view/1)
Well, this year the cicadas are driving me crazy. I know cicadas for all my life. Their sound is the kigo of the Mediterranean summer, yet I knew only them, the Mediterranean ones. I don't know the Japanese, no summer there so far, but the Korean 매미 are enough. They are so loud that it's hard to believe. In the countryside it can be literally painful for the ears.
The loudest sound is from only one sucker, you can see it on the branch when zoomed on.

cicada by dagkleva

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

STATISTIKA