sreda, 19. december 2012

O-KI-NA-WA!

My first day on Okinawa. The trip was nice, I already shared some fun here, this time I will put here some pictures I took. As the web page of Peach suggested it's on a "pinky"side so I was delighted to find out that even their planes share the same color, all is pink/grape, the only disappointment were the uniforms, no pink at all, professionally sober ( I really miss the  so hot black and red combination of Cathay Pacific), but when girls are cute it really doesn't matter what they are wearing...

Some outskirts of Seoul
Me at Osaka airport, unhappy because I wasn't laid by any stewardess.
At the Osaka airport I was drunk bored but I must admit I had an unpleasant experience. You know, the way we're conditioned by our upbringing that even when you have done nothing bad you still can feel guilty? I went to the toilet to take a leak. I was alone when I was removing some water from my body, when two little girls, about the age between 4 and 6, ran into the man's toilet looking for their dad. And they were so surprised to see a gaijin that they stopped looking for their dad and kept staring at me instead. I'm not able to blush anymore, but I felt like I was. Why? I've done nothing wrong. I had absolutely no dirty thoughts  to be ashamed of. It's not that was afraid (I was, but that is not the point here) what others might think. I just couldn't stop feeling like I am a bad guy. This conditioning is really scary.
When I boarded the plane for Okinawa it was my first time I started to behave like a real male pig. I had to pick on one stewardess, I really had to. You know the creep pick-up line 'Have we met before?', it worked perfectly. She did remember me. From the flight from Seoul. While I was drinking she went to Sapporo, came back (just for me, to be sure) and we happily went together to Okinawa. Dreams apart, she was really professional, I could enjoy her cute smile all the time, but it was clear that she was sort of scared of me. I was not rude and I felt bad, but it was a good lesson for me. Because I was going to Okinawa.
I agree, crap of picture, but I had to take it when set my feet on Okinawan land for the first time. It was late so I took a taxi for the first time in Japan ... I do realize that a taxi driver has a hard life but I really don't know what to think of a guy that has no clue where to go even after I gave him a printed map of the hostel I booked. I had to give him also their phone number so he called and asked for directions... First thing there I asked where the nearest 'convini' store is and went to buy umeshu. Lots of umeshu and I got lots of 'looks'. I'm used to 'looks', I spent my time in Asia, I still get them in my village in Korea. But I learned to distinguish 'looks' from 'bad looks'. And there was plenty of bad ones yesterday and today. I don't complain, I fully understand them. The first people I saw at the Okinawan airport was a bunch of American soldiers. Their behavior and their faces were clearly showing that their shoe size is higher than their IQ. From wiki: In May 2010, a survey of the Okinawan people conducted by Mainichi shimbun and Ryukyu shimpo, found that 71% of Okinawans surveyed thought that the presence of Marines on Okinawa was not necessary. Also: local citizens have complained about excessive aircraft noise as well as various crimes perpetrated against local civilians. Details? From 1952 to 2004, there were approximately 200,000 accidents and crimes involving U.S. troops, in which 1,076 Japanese civilians died...In 1995, the abduction and rape of a 12-year-old Okinawan schoolgirl by two U.S. Marines and one U.S. sailor led to demands for the removal of all U.S. military bases in Japan... February 2008, a 38-year-old U.S. Marine based on Okinawa was arrested in connection with the reported rape of a 14-year-old Okinawan girl... No, I don't blame the locals here for giving me 'looks'. But I feel bad the same. In a similar way that I felt at the Osaka airport toilet.
Today I went out only to buy more alcohol.
To drink on the roof of the hostel.
And on my way I saw a hotel that someone I know will love (Not for being casual, but for the name. I have no clue what casual hotel means.).
In the evening I was again out of booze, so another stroll to the Famima. Saw a beer for the first time and had to buy it, the guys at the hostel told me that 'Orion - Southern star' is the Okinawan beer. I have a good eye. And I swear that the picture tells exactly the way I see the can.



Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar

STATISTIKA